The rights of immigrant workers in the European Union [electronic resource] : an evaluation of the EU public policy process and the legal status of labour immigrants from the Maghreb countries in the new receiving states / by Joanna Apap.
- The Hague ; London : Kluwer Law International, c2002.
1 online resource (340 p.)
- North Africans -- European Union countries -- Migrations.
Foreign workers -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- European Union countries.
Immigrants -- Government policy -- Italy.
Immigrants -- Government policy -- Spain.
European Union countries -- Emigration and immigration.
European Union countries -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
Spain -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
Italy -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- Electronic books.
- This title evaluates the evolving policies towards third country nationals residing and working in the EU. It focuses on the consequences of the increasing number of Maghrebin workers residing in Italy and Spain - both for EU policy and in terms of both countries as young receiving states.
- Preface and Acknowledgement; Table of Contents; List of Figures, Graphs and Tables; Abbreviations; 1. Introduction and Research Design; 2. Theoretical Framework: Preferences and Predicaments in Establishing a Collective European Policy towards Third Country Nationals; 3. EU-Maghreb Co-operation: The Maghreb and the European Community; 4. Case Law and the Rights of Third Country Nationals: Movement and Employment of Third Country Nationals Residing Within the European Union; National Policies for Maghrebin Labour Migrants in the New Receiving States: Italy and Spain; 7. General Conclusions
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|