Personality assessment in managed health care [electronic resource] : using the MMPI-2 in treatment planning / edited by James N. Butcher.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1997.
1 online resource (263 p.)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory.
Managed mental health care.
- Electronic books.
- In response to the many challenges facing mental health professionals in the era of managed care, this highly respected group of contributors from academia, managed care, and full-time clinical practice, outline the importance of personality assessment, particularly through the use of MMPI-2. Butcher and his colleagues argue that psychological assessment plays an indispensable role in managed care, both because it is an essential tool for evaluating the effectiveness of therapy and because of its significant contributions to the structuring and shortening of the process of therapy. By providin
- Contents; Contributors; 1. Assessment and Treatment in the Era of Managed Care; 2. Clinical Decision Making in Managed Health Care; 3. Determining the Therapeutic Relationship of Choice in Brief Therapy; 4. Challenges for Mental Health Service Providers: The Perspective of Managed Care Organizations; 5. Psychological Assessment in Capitated Care: Challenges and Opportunities; 6. Incorporations of Objective Assessment in Mental Health Care Provision: An Important Role for the Practicing Psychologist
Part II: The Role of Objective Personality Assessment in Treatment Planning: The MMPI-2 in Practice7. Psychological Tests in Treatment Planning: The Importance of Objective Assessment; 8. Therapeutic Assessment with the MMPI-2 in Managed Health Care; 9. Use of Computer-Based Personality Test Reports in Treatment Planning; 10. Treatment-Oriented MMPI/MMPI-2 Studies; Bibliography; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; W
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-246) and index.
- Butcher, James Neal, 1933-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|