A self-determined future with Asperger syndrome [electronic resource] : solution focused approaches / E. Veronica Bliss and Genevieve ; foreword by Bill O'Connell.
- London : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2008.
1 online resource (162 p.)
- Asperger's syndrome -- Patients -- Rehabilitation.
- Electronic books.
- A Self-Determined Future with Asperger Syndrome presents an empowering, practical approach to helping people with Asperger Syndrome (AS) to succeed at college, at work, at home and in life. The authors highlight how treating AS as a 'problem' is unproductive, and advocate a solution focused approach which recognizes and uses the strengths of people with AS to foster mutual respect and understanding. Drawing on both their personal experience and knowledge of counselling, the authors use anecdotes and stories to show how people with AS cope in day-to-day situations. They also illustrate how effe
- Front Cover; A Self-Determined Future with Asperger Syndrome: Solution Focused Approaches; Contents; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS; SPECIAL NOTE; FOREWORD; ChapterOne Introduction; Chapter Two Solution Focused Approaches: Philosophy and Techniques; Chapter Three Autistic Characteristics and Solution Focused Therapy; Chapter Four Putting it all Together; Chapter Five Solution Focused Approaches in Everyday Life; Chapter Six Seven People and a Social Group; Chapter Seven Practical Resources; INDEX;
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Edmonds, Genevieve.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|