Voices from the desert [electronic resource] / [edited by] P. Marcel Kurpershoek.
- Leiden ; New York : Brill, 2005.
- Studies in Arabic literature ; v. 17.
Oral poetry and narratives from Central Arabia ; 5.
Studies in Arabic literature, 0169-9903 ; v. 17
Oral poetry and narratives from Central Arabia ; 5
1 online resource (445 p.)
- Dialect poetry, Arabic -- Saudi Arabia -- Najd -- Translations into English.
Dialect poetry, Arabic -- Saudi Arabia -- Najd.
Arabic poetry -- 20th century -- Translations into English.
Arabic poetry -- 20th century.
Dialect poetry, Arabic -- Saudi Arabia -- Najd -- History and criticism.
Arabic poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Oral tradition -- Saudi Arabia -- Najd.
Dawāsir (Arab tribe).
- Electronic books.
- The Voice from the Desert is the fifth and concluding volume of the Corpus Poetry & Narratives from Central Arabia. It presents a consolidated Glossary and the Indices for the entire series. In a Preface the author looks back on his twenty years of research in Arabian oral culture.
- Preface; Introduction to the Glossary; Glossary (Indices); Note to the Indices; Index of Subjects; Index of Tribal Names; Index of Proper Names; List of Recordings
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Kurpershoek, P. M.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|