Deposit insurance around the world [electronic resource] : issues of design and implementation / edited by Aslı Demirgüç-Kunt, Edward J. Kane, and Luc Laeven.
- Cambridge, MA : MIT Press, c2008.
1 online resource (415 p.)
- Deposit insurance.
- Electronic books.
- Drawing on an original cross-country dataset on deposit insurance systems, this book provides an assessment of the impact of deposit insurance on banking outcomes and the policy implications for developing countries.
- Contents; Contributors; Preface; Acknowledgments; I Introduction; 1 Deposit Insurance Design and Implementation: Policy Lessons from Research and Practice; II Deposit Insurance: Adoption, Pricing, and Linkages with Insolvency Resolution; 2 Adoption and Design of Deposit Insurance; 3 Pricing of Deposit Insurance; 4 Deposit Insurance and Bank Failure Resolution: Cross-Country Evidence; III Deposit Insurance: Country Experiences; 5 Lessons from the U.S. Experience with Deposit Insurance; 6 Banking with and without Deposit Insurance: Mexico's Banking Experiments, 1884-2004
7 The EU Deposit Insurance Directive: Does One Size Fit All?8 Deposit Overinsurance in EU Accession Countries; 9 Deposit Insurance Reform in Russia; 10 Protecting Depositors in China: Experience and Evolving Policy; IV Deposit Insurance: Database; 11 Deposit Insurance around the World: A Comprehensive Database; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, Aslı, 1961-
Kane, Edward J. (Edward James), 1935-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|