Earthquake hazard in Lebanon [electronic resource] / Amr Salah-Eldin Elnashai, Ramy El-Khoury.
- London : Imperial College Press, c2004.
1 online resource (181 p.)
- Earthquake hazard analysis -- Lebanon.
Earthquake engineering -- Lebanon.
- Electronic books.
- This book presents a comprehensive treatment of earthquake hazards in Lebanon and its vicinity. A thorough review of the tectonics of the region is given alongside a re-assessment of the historical and instrumental earthquake records. Probabilistic seismic hazard analysis is undertaken and hazard maps are presented in terms of peak ground parameters as well as spectral ordinates (acceleration and displacement). Owing to their significance to the economy of Lebanon, the three cities of Beirut, Sidon and Tripoli are subjected to site-specific earthquake hazard assessment. The maps provided are
- Contents ; Chapter 1 Executive Summaries ; 1.1 Non-Specialist ; 1.2 Specialist ; Chapter 2 Background to the Study ; Chapter 3 Earthquake Hazard - Preliminaries ; 3.1 Active Tectonics of the Levant and Dead Sea Fault Zone ; 3.2 Historical Seismicity ; 3.3 Estimates of Rates
3.4 Twentieth Century Seismicity of the Levant and Lebanon Chapter 4 Magnitude Recurrence in Lebanon and Adjacent Regions ; Chapter 5 Synthesis of Seismicity and Rate Information ; Chapter 6 Selection of Attenuation Relationship ; 6.1 Peak Ground Acceleration (PGA)
6.2 Peak Ground Displacements (PGD) 6.3 Acceleration Response Spectra (SA) ; 6.4 Displacement Response Spectra (SD) ; Chapter 7 Source Zone Modelling and Recurrence Relationship ; 7.1 Completeness Test ; 7.2 Source Zone Modelling ; 7.3 Dead Sea Rift Zone
7.4 East Anatolian Fault Zone 7.5 Yammouneh Fault Zone ; 7.6 Maximum Magnitudes ; Chapter 8 Hazard Maps ; 8.1 Peak Ground Accelerations (PGA) ; 8.2 Peak Ground Displacements (PGD) ; 8.3 Spectral Accelerations (SA) and Spectral Displacements (SD)
Chapter 9 Site-Specific Hazard Assessments 9.1 City of Beirut ; 9.2 City of Tripoli ; 9.3 City of Sidon; Chapter 10 Deterministic Assessment of Seismic Hazard ; Chapter 11 Concluding Remarks on Seismic Hazard in Lebanon ; Appendix A1: Surface Wave Magnitude; Appendix A2: Application of Stepp Method
Appendix A3: Hazard Maps for Lebanon and Vicinity
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- El-Khoury, Ramy.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|