Geological atlas of Africa [electronic resource] : with notes on stratigraphy, tectonics, economic geology, geohazards and geosites of each country / Thomas Schlüter ; with contributions by Martin H. Trauth.
- 2nd four-coloured rev. and enl. ed.
- Berlin : Springer, 2008.
1 online resource (318 p.)
- Geology -- Africa -- Atlases.
Africa -- Maps.
- Electronic books.
- T is atlas is intended primarily for anybody who is in-some background for the arrangement of how the terested in basic geology of Africa. Its originality lies atlas was done. T e second chapter is devoted to the in the fact that the regional geology of each African history of geological mapping in Africa, necessary nation or territory is reviewed country-wise by maps for a fuller appreciation of why this work in Africa is and text, a view normally not presented in textbooks worth doing. Chapter 3 provides an executive s- of regional geology. It is my belief, that there has long mary on the stratigraphy and tectonics of Africa as a been a need in universities and geological surveys, whole, i. e. in the context of no political boundaries. both in Africa and in the developed world, for sum- T e main part of the atlas lies in Chapter 4, where in marizing geological maps and an accompanying basic alphabetical order each African country or territory text utilising the enormous fund of knowledge that is presented by a digitized geological overview map has been accumulated since the beginning of geologi- and an accompanying text on its respective strat- th cal research in Africa in the mid-19 century. I hope raphy, tectonics, economic geology, geohazards and that, in part, the present atlas may satisfy this need. geosites. A short list of relevant references is also a- ed.
- Aims and Concepts of the Atlas
Early Geological Maps of Africa
Review of Countries and Teritorries.
- Two columns to the page.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Trauth, Martin H.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-540-76373-4 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|