Consuming Interests [electronic resource] : The Social Provision of Foods
- Hoboken : Taylor and Francis, 2013.
- Consumption and space Consuming interests
1 online resource (236 p.)
- Food industry and trade -- Social aspects.
Food adulteration and inspection -- Marketing.
Food law and legislation.
- Local subjects:
- Consumer protection. (search)
Food -- Marketing. (search)
Food adulteration and inspection. (search)
Food industry and trade -- Social aspects. (search)
Food law and legislation. (search)
- Electronic books.
- Combining theory, research and policy Consuming Interests provides a topical interdisciplinary exploration into the nature of food provision, policy and regulation. The book provides a detailed examination of corporate retailers, state agencies and consumer organisations involved in the food sector. The analysis explores questions including: * what can the public expect from the state* what limits are there on state action* what are the most appropriate balancesbetween public and private interests in the provision of 'quality' foods.
- Cover; Consuming interests: The social provision of foods; Copyright; Contents; Illustrations; Preface: Food and the state, the state of food; Abbreviations; 1 Introduction: Regulation, retailing and consumption: deregulating states and concerned consumers; Part I Concepts and framework; 2 Food policy and regulation; 3 Restructuring and retailing; 4 Citizenship, consumption and food rights; Part II National strategies; 5 Food consumers: The limits of formal and collective representation; 6 The retailers: The emergence of retailer-led food governance; 7 Evolving models of food regulation
Part III Local strategies8 Local retail-consumption spaces and hierarchies; 9 The nationalisation of food regulation: Coping with space; 10 The local regulatory interface: Enforcement practice on the ground; 11 Conclusions: Retailing, regulation and consumption; Appendix: The social research methods employed in the study; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Harrison, Michelle.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|