For the sake of humanity [electronic resource] : essays in honour of Clemens N. Nathan / edited by Alan Stephens, Raphael Walden.
- 1st ed.
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff, 2006.
- Nijhoff eBook titles 2006
1 online resource (410 p.)
Religions -- Relations.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945).
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Reparations.
Terrorism -- Prevention.
- Electronic books.
- For the Sake of Humanity is a collection of essays in honour of Clemens N. Nathan, a man occupying a remarkable position in the public life of the United Kingdom. Over a period of several decades, he has stimulated and facilitated discussion, research and study on a striking array of topics, including international organisations, Human Rights, interfaith relations and the Holocaust and German-Jewish history - as well as in his own area of professional expertise: textile science and technology. His approach has been characterised by academic rigour, social concern and a commitment to historical truth, along with an adventurous and innovative spirit. All these qualities are also to be found in this collection of essays by his friends and admirers, to produce a truly fascinating book, with new insights into many topics, and a number of chapters destined to become classics in their fields. Above all, it is an erudite and charming volume, full of surprises!
- Preliminary Material / Alan Stephens and Raphael Walden
The Transition from Hospitals to Community Care / David Abrahamson
Luniversel Et Le Particulier / Louis Bloch
Religious Leaders Must Challenge Holy Scriptures / Sidney Brichto
Beyond Anne Frank Dutch (Pre-)Wartime Collaboration with Nazi Germany and Its Aftermath / Jan Herman Brinks
Replacing Replacement Theology a Fresh Look at Relationships between the Abrahamic Faiths / Martin Forward
Writing into the Heart / Kendra H. Gaines
Muslims and Jews Then, Now and in the Future / Lucien Gubbay
Gener Al the Lord Guthrie of Cr Aigiebank Terrorism: How Dangerous Is the Threat? / Alan Stephens and Raphael Walden
World War II Compensation Schemes / Arthur Harverd
Towards an Ethic of Human Solidarity / Prince Hassan
Jean Améry Cultural Exile, Homelessness and Jewish Solidarity / K. Hannah Holtschneider
Israel and JewishChristian Relations / Edward Kessler
Color My World a Personal Scientific Odyssey into the Art of Ancient Dyes / Zvi C. Koren
Religion and Religious Thinking in the New Millennium / Julius Lipner
The Anglo-Jewish Association past and Present / David Loewe
Imitatio and Ethics in Judaism and Christianity / Raphael Loewe
The United Nations and theFuture of International Law / Bertr and Ramcharan
Crime an Assault on Human Rights / Aubrey Rose
Volunteering in the Jewish Community / Ruth Rothenberg
Ethical Investment: a Jewish Perspective / Daniel Sperber
Droits De Lhomme Et Valeurs Juives / Ady Steg
Holocaust-Era Reparations Morality, History and Money / Gideon Taylor
Remembering Refugees Lost at Sea the Struma, the Wilhelm Gustloff and the Cap Anamur / Edward Timms
Radical Orthodox Anti-Globalism 19992002 Electronic Tax Codes a Topical Theme for Fundamentalists / Alexander Verkhovsky
De La Clemence Réflexions Sur Quelques Textes De La Tradition Juive / Jean-Jacques Wahl
Reforming the Un Commission on Human Rights / George R . Wilkes
Contributors / Alan Stephens and Raphael Walden.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Nathan, Clemens N. (Clemens Neumann), 1933-
Stephens, Alan, 1927-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/ej.9789004141254.i-394 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|