Encapsulation and controlled release technologies in food systems [electronic resource] / edited by Jamileh M. Lakkis.
- 1st ed.
- Ames, Iowa : Blackwell Pub., 2007.
1 online resource (255 p.)
- Controlled release technology.
Food -- Analysis.
- Electronic books.
- In Encapsulation and Controlled Release Technologies in Food Systems, editor Lakkis has gathered a highly respected collection of expert contributors from industry and academia to highlight recent innovations in encapsulation and controlled release technologies in food systems. Unlike most recent publications which dealt exclusively with theoretical aspects of these technologies, this volume focuses mainly on devising effective and innovative applications in food systems in which these delivery vehicles operate. In addition, the book provides some emphasis on new opportunities that may
- Encapsulation and Controlled Release Technologies in Food Systems; Dedication; Table of Contents; Contributors; Preface; 1. Introduction; 2. Improved Solubilization and Bioavailability of Nutraceuticals in Nanosized Self-Assembled Liquid Vehicles; 3. Emulsions as Delivery Systems in Foods; 4. Applications of Probiotic Encapsulation in Dairy Products; 5. Encapsulation and Controlled Release in Bakery Applications; 6. Encapsulation Technologies for Preserving and Controlling the Release of Enzymes and Phytochemicals; 7. Microencapsulation of Flavors by Complex Coacervation
8. Confectionery Products as Delivery Systems for Flavors, Health, and Oral-Care Actives9. Innovative Applications of Microencapsulation in Food Packaging; 10. Marketing Perspective of Encapsulation Technologies in Food Applications; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lakkis, Jamileh M.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|