Movie time [electronic resource] / by James Combs.
- Newcastle : Cambridge Scholars, c2007.
1 online resource (284 p.)
- Motion pictures -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Motion pictures -- Social aspects -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Motion pictures -- United States -- Plots, themes, etc.
Motion pictures -- Political aspects -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- Movie Time is a study of temporal mythmaking in American popular movies. The work is rooted in American pragmatic philosophy and contemporary traditions of inquiry in the social sciences and humanities. It proceeds on the premise that social beings and social orders are interested in the mediation of time, and attempt to make sense of their present world through the reconstruciton of important pasts of interest in the present, develop new presents with the help of popular expressions which ...
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; INTRODUCTION; CHAPTER ONE; PART ONE; PART TWO; PART THREE; NOTES; CHAPTER TWO; PART ONE; PART TWO; PART THREE; NOTES; CHAPTER THREE; PART ONE; PART TWO; PART THREE; PART FOUR; NOTES; CONCLUSION; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|