Ecospeak [electronic resource] : Rhetoric and Environmental Politics in America
- Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, 2012.
1 online resource (329 p.)
- Environmental policy -- Rhetoric -- United States.
Human ecology -- United States.
English language -- United States.
Political culture -- United States.
- Local subjects:
- English language -- United States -- Rhetoric. (search)
Environmental policy -- United States. (search)
Human ecology -- United States. (search)
Political culture -- United States. (search)
United States -- Economic policy -- 1945-1960 -- Environmental aspects. (search)
- Electronic books.
- 800x600 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 In
- Cover; Book Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Illustrations; Acknowledgments; Introduction: Rhetoric and the Environmental Dilemma; 1. Varieties of Environmentalism: A Genealogy; 2. The Rhetoric of Scientific Activism; 3. Scientific Ecology and the Rhetoric of Distance; 4. Transformations of Scientific Discourse in the News Media; 5. The Environmental Impact Statement and the Rhetoric of Democracy; 6. Rhetoric and Action in Ecotopian Discourse; 7. Ecological Economics and the Rhetoric of Sustainability; Epilogue: The Scientific Activist and the Problem of Openness; Notes; Works Cited
IndexAuthor Biographies; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Palmer, Jacqueline S.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|