Lincoln and the Court / Brian McGinty.
- Other records:
- Cambridge, MA : Harvard University Press, 
1 online resource (384 p. ) ill.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
United States. Supreme Court.
Constitutional history -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- In a meticulously researched and engagingly written narrative, McGinty rescues the story of Abraham Lincoln and the Supreme Court from long and undeserved neglect, recounting the compelling history of the Civil War president's relations with the nation's highest tribunal and the role it played in resolving the agonizing issues raised by the conflict.
1. A Solemn Oath
2. Dred Scott
3. First Blood
4. Judges and Circuits
5. The Prizes
A Gallery of Justices
6. The Boom of Cannon
7. The Old Lion
8. A New Chief
9. A Law for Rulers and People
10. The Union Is Unbroken
11. History in Marble
Afterword: The Legacy
- Originally published: 2008.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4159/9780674040823 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|