Singapore [electronic resource] : trade, investment and economic performance / Ramkishen S. Rajan, Shandre M. Thangavelu.
- Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2009.
1 online resource (113 p.)
- Investments, Foreign -- Singapore.
Singapore -- Commerce.
Singapore -- Economic policy.
Singapore -- Economic conditions.
- Electronic books.
- Singapore's rapid evolution from a modest trading post under colonial rule into a prosperous, self-confident nation is one of the notable success stories of the second half of the 20th century. International trade and investment linkages have been the cornerstones of the city-state's economic success (more than 7 per cent per annum during the period 1970-2005). This book offers an overview of the Singapore economy with emphasis on its global trade and investment linkages and policies. It analyzes patterns and policies of Singapore's trade and foreign direct investment (FDI) and discusses issue
- Contents; 1. Introduction: Economic Structure and External Orientation; 2. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): Policies, Trends and Patterns; 3. Singapore's Trade Performance and Patterns with Emphasis on East and South Asia; 4. Trade and Investment Related Infrastructure and Policies; 5. Services Trade Policies and Issues; 6. Growing Economic Relations with India: A Case-study in Deepening Integration between South Asia and East Asia; 7. Policy Implications; Annex 1; Annex 2; Annex 3; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 101-103) and index.
- Thangavelu, Shandre, 1969-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|