Economic models [electronic resource] : methods, theory and applications / editor, Dipak Basu.
- Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2009.
1 online resource (248 p.)
- Economics -- Mathematical models.
- Electronic books.
- Model Building is the most fruitful area of economics, designed to solve real-world problems using all available methods such as mathematical, computational and analytical, without distinction. Wherever necessary, we should not be reluctant to develop new techniques, whether mathematical or computational. That is the philosophy of this volume. The volume is divided into three distinct parts: Methods, Theory and Applications. The Methods section is in turn subdivided into Mathematical Programming and Econometrics and Adaptive Control System, which are widely used in econometric analysis. The im
- Contents; Tom Oskar Martin Kronsjo: A Profile; About the Editor; Contributors; Introduction; Chapter 1: Methods of Modelling: Mathematical Programming; Topic 1: Some Unresolved Problems of Mathematical Programming by Olav Bjerkholt; Chapter 2: Methods of Modeling: Econometrics and Adaptive Control System; Topic 1: A Novel Method of Estimation Under Co-Integration by Alexis Lazaridis; Topic 2: Time Varying Responses of Output to Monetary and Fiscal Policy by Dipak R. Basu and Alexis Lazaridis; Chapter 3: Mathematical Modeling in Macroeconomics
Topic 1: The Advantages of Fiscal Leadership in an Economy with Independent Monetary Policies by Andrew Hughes HalletTopic 2: Cheap-Talk Multiple Equilibria and Pareto ? Improvement in an Environmental Taxation Games 101 by Chirstophe Deissen; Chapter 4: Modeling Business Organization; Topic 1: Enterprise Modeling and Integration: Review and New Directions by Nikitas Spiros Koutsoukis; Topic 2: Toward a Theory of Japanese Organizational Culture and Corporate Performance by Victoria Miroshnik; Topic 3: Health Service Management Using Goal Programming by Anna-Maria Mouza
Chapter 5: Modeling National EconomiesTopic 1: Inflation Control in Central and Eastern European Countries by Fabrizio Iacone and Renzo Orsi; Topic 2: Credit and Income: Co-Integration Dynamics of the US Economy by Athanasios Athanasenas; Index
- "This volume is dedicated to the memory of Prof. Tom Oskar Martin Kronsjo."--P. [v].
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basu, Dipak R.
Kronsjo, Tom Oskar Martin, 1932-2005.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|