From Spaniard to Creole [electronic resource] : the archaeology of cultural formation at Puerto Real, Haiti / Charles R. Ewen.
- Tuscaloosa : University of Alabama Press, c1991.
1 online resource (174 p.)
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Haiti.
Haiti -- History -- To 1791.
Puerto Real Site (Haiti)
- Electronic books.
- While most studies of intercultural contact focus on the impact of the intrusive power on the native culture, this book examines the effects of the colonization process on the Spaniards in the New World during the 16th century.
- Contents; Acknowledgments; 1. Introduction; 2. From Seville to Puerto Real and Points in Between; 3. Previous Archaeological Work; 4. Theoretical Orientation; 5. Strategy and Tactics; 6. Excavated Data; 7. Results of Analyses; 8. Summary and Conclusions; Appendix 1. Artifacts Recovered from Locus; Appendix 2. Fauna Recovered from Locus; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 141-152) and index.
- Jay I. Kislak Reference Collection (Library of Congress)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|