Peacemaking : the inside story of the 1994 Jordanian-Israeli treaty / Abdul Salam A. Majali, Jawad A. Anani and Munther J. Haddadin ; with a foreword by HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan ; preface by David L. Boren.
- First edition.
- Reading, England : Ithaca Press, 2006.
1 online resource (372 p.)
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- 1993 -- -Peace.
Jordan -- Foreign relations -- Israel.
Israel -- Foreign relations -- Jordan.
Israel. Treaties, etc. -- Jordan, 1994 October 26.
- Electronic books.
- After half a century of animosity and wars, Jordan and Israel succeeded in reaching a peace treaty through bilateral negotiations under the Middle East peace process that was initiated and sponsored by the United States and the Soviet Union, later the Russian Federation. This book is an account written by the Prime Minister of Jordan who signed the Peace Treaty, a senior minister in his cabinet at the time, and a minister who served later in the cabinet. All three authors had been instrumental in peace-making as Dr Majali headed the Jordan delegation, and Anani and Haddadin worked with him as
- Cover; Contents; Foreword, by HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan; Preface, by David L. Boren, President of the University of Oklahoma; Authors' Preface; Introduction; 1 A Call to Peace; 2 Pre-Talk Talks/Sofa Diplomacy; 3 Issues of Representation; 4 Jordanians' Attitudes to Peace; 5 Visions and Revisions; 6 Developments in the Round; 7 Multilaterals; 8 The Process Survives; 9 The Common Agenda; 10 More PLO Involvement; 11 Ninth, Tenth, Oslo, Eleventh; 12 The Process Accelerates; 13 Implementation; 14 The Peace Treaty; 15 Implementation Overview; Appendices
Appendix 1 Letter of Invitation to the Bilateral NegotiationsAppendix 2 First Proposals for a Common Agenda; Appendix 3 The Common Agenda; Appendix 4 Treaty of Peace Between The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and The State of Israel; Index
- Includes index.
Description based on print version record.
- Anani, Jawad Ahmed, 1943- author.
Haddadin, Munther J., author.
Hassan, El, author of introduction, etc.
Boren, David L., author of introduction, etc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|