War with Hannibal [electronic resource] : authentic Latin prose for the beginning student / [annotated by] Brian Beyer.
- Standardized Title:
- Breviarium ab urbe condita. Liber 3
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2009.
1 online resource (128 p.)
- Hannibal, 247 B.C.-182 B.C.
Punic War, 2nd, 218-201 B.C.
Latin language -- Readers.
Rome -- History -- Republic, 265-30 B.C.
Carthage (Extinct city) -- History.
- Electronic books.
- This edition of Book III of Eutropiuss Breviarium ab urbe condita is designed to be a students first encounter with authentic, unabridged Latin prose. Written in a simple and direct style, the Breviarium covers the period of Roman history that students find the most interestingthe Second Punic War fought against Carthageand the original Latin text is supplemented with considerable learning support. Full annotations on every page, detailed commentary on grammar and syntax, and a glossary designed specifically for the text allow students to build both their confidence and their reading skills.The commentary in the back of the book is cross-referenced to the following commonly used textbooks:Wheelocks Latin, 6th EditionLatin: An Intensive Course by Moreland and FleischerEcce Romani II, 3rd EditionLatin for Americans, Level 2Jenneys Second Year LatinAllen and Greenoughs New Latin GrammarMacrons have been added to the entire text in accordance with the vowel quantities used in the Oxford Latin Dictionary. Additional resources include an unannotated version of the text for classroom use, supplementary passages in English from other ancient authors, and appendixes with a timeline of events and maps and battle plans.The text may be used in secondary schools and colleges as early as the first year of study. The copious translation help, notes, and cross-references also make it ideal for independent learners.
- Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references (p. -96) and index.
- Beyer, Brian, 1966-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|