Situating Islam [electronic resource] : The Past and Future of an Academic Discipline
- Other Title:
- Situating Islam
- London : Equinox Publishing Ltd, 2008.
- Religion in Culture: Studies in Social Contest and Construction
Religion in Culture: Studies in Social Contest and Construction
1 online resource (143 p.)
- Islam -- Study and teaching
Islam -- Research
- Local subjects:
- Islam -- Research.
Islam -- Study and teaching.
- Electronic books.
- The formation of any scholarly discourse is contingent upon the creation of a vocabulary and a set of categories responsible for manufacturing the data that it deems "significant" or not. The discovery of raw data, the manufacture of theoretical or interpretive frameworks that make sense of such data, and subsequent scholarly conventions responsible for its dissemination are always mediated by particular social, ideological, and political contexts. This book documents these contexts in the creation of the discipline known as Islamic Studies and demonstrates how they have been instrumental in s
- Cover; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction; Chapter 1; Chapter 2; Chapter 3; Chapter 4; Chapter 5; Conclusion:; Notes; Bibliography; Subject Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|