3D and HD broadband video networking [electronic resource] / Benny Bing.
- Boston ; London : Artech House, c2010.
- Artech House telecommunications library.
Artech House telecommunications library
1 online resource (318 p.)
- Digital video.
Broadband communication systems.
- Electronic books.
- Recent years have seen an exponential increase in video and multimedia traffic transported over the Internet and broadband access networks. This timely resource addresses the key challenge facing many service providers today: effective bandwidth management for supporting high-quality video delivery. Written by a recognized expert in the field, this practical book describes ways to optimize video transmission over emerging broadband networks. Moreover, the book explores new wireless access networks that can enable video connectivity both inside and outside the residential premise.
- 3D and HD Broadband Video Networking; Contents; Preface; Chapter 1 Empowering High-Quality Digital Video Delivery; Chapter 2 The Access and Home Networks; Chapter 3 Video Fundamentals; Chapter 4 The H.264 Standard; Chapter 5 Short-Term H.264 Bandwidth Prediction; Chapter 6 Long-Term H.264 Bandwidth Prediction; Chapter 7 Lossless FMO Removal for H.264 Videos; Chapter 8 Error Concealment Methods forImproving Video Quality; Chapter 9 Video Traffic Smoothing and Multiplexing; Chapter 10 Intelligent Policy Resource Management
Chapter 11 Supporting Compressed Video Applications over DOCSIS Cable NetworksChapter 12 Intelligent Activity Detection Techniques for Advanced Video Surveillance Systems; Chapter 13 Hand Gesture Control for Broadband-Enabled HDTVs and Multimedia PCs; Glossary; About the Author; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|