The deepest wounds [electronic resource] : a labor and environmental history of sugar in Northeast Brazil / Thomas D. Rogers.
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2010.
1 online resource (321 p.)
- Sugar trade -- Brazil -- Pernambuco -- History.
Sugarcane industry -- Environmental aspects -- Brazil -- Pernambuco -- History.
Sugarcane industry -- Social aspects -- Brazil -- Pernambuco -- History.
Pernambuco (Brazil) -- History.
- Electronic books.
- Deepest Wounds: A Labor and Environmental History of Sugar in Northeast Brazil
- An eternal verdure: the longue dure of the zona da mata
A laboring landscape: the environmental discourse of the Northeast's sugar elite, from Nabuco to Freyre
A landscape of captivity: power and the definition of work and space
Modernizing the sugar industry: cane expansion and the path toward rationalization
The zona da mata aflame: political upheaval, strikes, and fire
The only game in town: workers, planters, and the dictatorship
An agricultural boom and its unexpected consequences
Conclusion: power, labor, and the agro-environment of Pernambuco's sugarcane fields.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|