Science for cultural heritage [electronic resource] : technological innovation and case studies in marine and land archaeology in the Adriatic region and inland : VII International Conference on Science, Arts and Culture : August 28-31, 2007, Veli Lošinj, Croatia / editors, M. [sic] Montagnari Kokelj, M. Budinich, C. Tuniz.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, N.J. : World Scientific, c2010.
- Conference Name:
- International Conference on Science, Arts and Culture (7th : 2007 : Veli Lošinj, Croatia)
International Conference on Science, Arts and Culture
1 online resource (300 p.)
- Archaeology -- Methodology -- Case studies -- Congresses.
Archaeology -- Technological innovations -- Congresses.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Adriatic Sea Region -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- The aim of the conference was to discuss the contribution of physics and other sciences in archaeological research and in the preservation of cultural heritage. Considering that the mission of ECSAC is to promote the interaction among the diverse cultures of the people from the lands on the Adriatic and Ionian seas, it is apt that the major themes were related to the rich history and pre-history of this region - from Greek-Roman archaeology on the eastern Adriatic coasts to the palaeoanthropology of the Neanderthals of the Vindija caves in Croatia, from the Roman city of Aquileia to the pleist
- Introduction; CONTENTS; Program; Archaeological and Archaeometric Data in the Study of the Athlete of Croatia M. Michelucci; Ion Beam Techniques for Analysis of Cultural Heritage Objects: Collaboration between the Ruder Boškovic Institute and the Croatian Conservation Institute S. Fazinic, I. Božicevic, Z. Pastuovic, M. Jak; Study by Mobile Non-Destructive Testing of the Bronze Statue of the "Satiro" of Marsala G. Guida, D. Artioli, S. Ridolifi and G. E. Gigante; Archaeometric Measurements with PIXE in Slovenia Ž. Šmit
In Situ Chemical Composition Analysis of Cultural Heritage Objects Using Portable X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry D. Wegrzynek, E. Chinea-Cano, A. Markowicz, S. Bamford, G. Buzanich , P. Wobrauschek,Integrated Geophysical Techniques for the High-Resolution Study of Archaeological Sites M. Pipan and E. Forte; Thermoluminescence Dating and Cultural Heritage M. Martini and E. Sibilia; New X-Ray Digital Radiography and Computed Tomography for Cultural Heritage F. Casali, M. Bettuzzi, R. Brancaccio and M. P. Morigi; Cosmic Rays for Archaeology G. Giannini
Some Examples of Examination, Characterisation, Analysis & Conservation Techniques Dedicated to Archaeological Artefacts J. L. Boutaine Presentation of DEMGOL: Online Etymological Dictionary of Greek Mythology E. Pellizer; Building Up an Archaeological Restoration & Conservation Department in Friuli-Venezia Giulia F. Lo Schiavo; Relative Sea Level Changes by Using Archaeological Markers: The INTERREG Italia-Slovenia Project "Alto Adriatico" S. Furlani, F. Antonioli and R. Auriemma
Digitization and Multispectral Analysis of Artistic Objects: Exemplary Cases and Web Documentation G. Maino and S. Massari Actuopalaeontology: A Polyfunctional Tool for Archaeology G. Bressan, G. Fonda, S. Kaleb, R. Melis, M. E. Montenegro, P. Mourguiart, N. Pugliese, R. Riccamboni, A. Russo, N. Sodini and G. Tromba; Robotics Tools for Underwater Archaeology G. Conte, S. Zanoli, D. Scaradozzi and L. Gambella; Accelerators and Radiation for Art and Archaeology C. Tuniz; The 14C Contribution to the Protohistory of Friuli (North-Eastern Italy) P. Càssola Guida
Serpentinite Shaft-Holed Axes in the Caput Adriae: Preliminary Results and Perspectives Based on X-Ray Computerized Microtomography F. Bernardini, E. M. Kokelj, N. Sodini, D. Dreossi, S. Favretto, G.Mummies - A Special Report Results of CAT Scan Analyses of Egyptian Mummies in the Civico Museo di Storia ed Arte of Trieste M. V. Torlo; ANGLE Software for Semiconductor Detector Gamma-Efficiency Calculations and Possibilities for Its Applications to Cultural Heritage Objects Characterization S. Jovanovic and A. Dlabac
Hominid Fossils as Universal and National Cultural Heritage: An Essay on Past and Present Attitudes Towards the Ownership of Hominid Fossils and the Question of Repatriation P. V. Tobias
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Montagnari Kokelj, E. (Emanuela)
Budinich, M. (Marco)
Tuniz, C. (Claudio)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|