Shakedown [electronic resource] : the continuing conspiracy against the American taxpayer / Steven Malanga.
- Chicago : Ivan R. Dee, c2010.
1 online resource (160 p.)
- Government spending policy -- United States.
Taxation -- United States.
Government employee unions -- United States.
Community activists -- United States.
United States -- Social policy -- 1993-.
- Electronic books.
- As their infatuation with President Obama fades, millions of Americans anxiously ask, Is this the change we were waiting for? The current administration represents change, for sure, Steven Malanga argues - a momentous transformation of the fundamental structure of American politics. A self-interested coalition of public-sector unions and government-financed community activists (like the young Barack Obama) has become our era's characteristic political machine. In Shakedown, Mr. Malanga shows how this machine's single-minded goal is always bigger government and more public spending. The bill,
- The conspiracy against the taxpayers
The bill is coming due
California's road to serfdom
The mob that whacked New Jersey
We don't need another war on poverty
America's worst urban program
The movement to undermine welfare reforms
The religious left, reborn
The advocates and Washington's housing disorders
A culture of entitlement everywhere.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|