Transforming private landlords [electronic resource] : housing, markets & public policy / Tony Crook, Peter A. Kemp.
- Chichester, West Sussex [England] ; Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
- Real estate issues
1 online resource (237 p.)
- Rental housing -- England.
Landlords -- England.
Landlord and tenant -- England.
- Electronic books.
- This book explores the origins, extent and implications of this revival in the fortunes of private landlordism. It presents an in-depth, scholarly analysis of private landlords, the rationales for and ways in which governments have sought to revitalise investment in residential lettings, and their success in doing so. It also assesses the extent to which landlordism has been transformed in recent years and the lessons for policy that can be learned from this experience. The book draws on the extensive research into private landlords conducted by the authors over the past two decades. This in
- Transforming Private Landlords; Contents; Preface; Introduction; 1 Private Landlords in Historical Perspective; 2 Government Policy Since 1979; 3 Private Renting Since 1979; 4 Private Landlords in Contemporary Britain; 5 The Business Expansion Scheme; 6 Financial Institutions and Rented Housing; 7 The Buy-to-let Boom; 8 Conclusions; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Kemp, Peter, 1955-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|