The memory process : neuroscientific and humanistic perspectives / edited by Suzanne Nalbantian, Paul M. Matthews, and James L. McClelland.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, ©2011.
1 online resource (453 p.)
- The convergence of neuroscience, philosophy, art, music & literature offers valuable new insights into the study of memory.
- Cover ; Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; I Scientific Foundations; 1 The Engram Revisited; 2 Molecular Genetic Approaches to Memory Consolidation; 3 The Epigenetic Variability of Memory; 4 Memory in Sleep and Dreams; II Scientific Phenomena and Functioning; 5 The Mnemonic Brain; 6 Memory as a Constructive Process; 7 Emotional Memory Processing; 8 Functions of Human Emotional Memory; III Crossroads to the Humanities; 9 Memory and Neurophilosophy; 10 Confabulations about Personal Memories, Normal and Abnormal; 11 The Neuroethics of Memory; IV Literary Data for Memory Studies
12 Autobiographical Memory in Modernist Literature and Neuroscience13 Memory and Imagination in Romantic Fiction; 14 Memory in the Literary Memoir; 15 Memory in Theater; V Manifestations in the Arts; 16 Memory in Art; 17 Memory in Musical Form; 18 Neurocognitive Approaches to Memory in Music; 19 Memory, Movies, and the Brain; About the Authors; Index; Color Plates
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
- Nalbantian, Suzanne, 1950-
Matthews, Paul M.
McClelland, James L.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|