From farm to firm [electronic resource] : rural-urban transition in developing countries / Nora Dudwick ... [et al.].
- Washington, D.C. : World Bank, c2011.
- Wiley finance series.
Wiley finance series
- Government document
1 online resource (256 p.)
- Rural-urban migration -- Developing countries.
- Electronic books.
- The process of rural-urban transformation presents both opportunities and challenges for development. If managed effectively, it can result in growth that benefits everyone; if managed poorly, it can lead to stark welfare disparities and entire regions cut off from the advantages of agglomeration economies. The importance of rural-urban transition has been confirmed by two consecutive World Development Reports: WDR 2008 Agriculture for Development; and WDR 2009 Reshaping Economic Geography. Focusing on Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, this book picks up where the WDRs left off, investigating
- pt. 1. Global, national, and local perspectives on urbanization and inclusive growth : examples from Africa
pt. 2. Managing the rural-urban transformation : examples from South Asia.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|