Life in Search of Readers [electronic resource] : Reading (in) Chicano/a Literature / Manuel M. Martín-Rodríguez.
- 1st ed.
- Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, c2003.
1 online resource (242 p.)
- Mexican Americans in literature.
Books and reading in literature.
Books and reading -- United States.
Authors and readers -- United States.
Mexican Americans -- Intellectual life.
American literature -- Mexican influences.
American literature -- Mexican American authors -- History and criticism.
- Electronic books.
- In this examination of Chicano/a literature, Manuel M. Martín-Rodríguez analyzes the ways it connects with and is shaped by the interaction with its audiences.
- Life in search of readers : the Quinto Sol generation and the creation of a Chicano/a readership
Characters as readers and as writers : a metaliterary reflection on the reading process
(En)gendering the reader : Chicana literature and its implied audience
Querido reader : linguistic and marketing strategies for addressing a multicultural readership
Reading (in) the past : textual recovery and the history of (reading) Chicano/a literature.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-221) and indexes.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|