Astronomy and relativistic astrophysics [electronic resource] : new phenomena and new states of matter in the universe : proceedings of the Third Workshop (IWARA07), João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil, 3-6 October 2007 / César A. Zen Vasconcellos ... [et al.], editors.
- New Jersey : World Scientific, 2010.
- Conference Name:
- International Workshop on Astronomy and Relativistic Astrophysics (3rd : 2007 : Paraíba, State, Brazil)
International Workshop on Astronomy and Relativistic Astrophysics
1 online resource (280 p.)
- Relativistic astrophysics -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This book presents scientific research on the central theme of new states of matter and new phenomena in the universe. The topics covered range from the big bang, through topics including the formation of exotic stars, black holes and the plasma of quarks and gluons by heavy ion reactions, to the influence of dark matter and dark energy in the evolution of the universe. Scientific interest in these themes has been growing: together with the development of major projects such as AUGER, LHC, FERMI Telescope, FAIR/GSI and GEO/LIGO, the diversity and scope of research on such themes has been on th
- CONTENTS; Preface; List of Participants; Supercritical Fields, Extreme Neutron-Rich Isotopes, and Short Living Giant Atoms W. Greiner; The Chirality of Life: From Phase Transitions to Astrobiology M. Gleiser and S.I. Walker; Constraints on the Nuclear EoS from Neutron Star Observables D. Blaschke, T. Kl ahn and F. Weber; Proto-Neutron and Neutron Stars V. Dexheimer, S. Schramm and H. Stoecker; Quark-Gluon Plasma in Neutron Stars R.B. Jacobsen, C.A.Z. Vasconcellos, B.E.J. Bodmann and F. Fernandez
Using Skyrme Models to Describe Asymmetric Nuclear Matter M. Dutra, O. Louren co, A. Delfino and J.S. Sa MartinsURCA Process in an Effective Model for Neutron Stars A. Mesquita, M. Razeira, F. Fernandez and C.A.Z. Vasconcellos; Stellar Matter Constrained to Nuclear Physics Experiments D.P. Menezes; An Investigation of the Coupling Constants in Quantum Hadrodynamics Effective Models L.N. Burigo, B.E.J. Bodmann, R.B. Jacobsen, C.A.Z. Vasconcellos and F. Fernandez
Cold Nuclear Matter Described by Nonlinear Relativistic Point-Coupling Models in ps =p Approach O. Louren co, A. Delfino and M. MalheiroDynamical Collapse of Neutron Stars: Crust Ejection and Gravitational Wave Emission G.F. Marranghello, J.C.N. Araujo and O.D. Miranda; Neutron Stars in an Effective Model with Adjustable Coefficients A. Mesquita, M. Razeira, F. Fernandez and C.A.Z. Vasconcellos; Mass Ejection in Protoneutron Star Induced by Neutrino Emission L.G. Almeida, S.B. Duarte, H. Rodrigues and D. Portes Jr.
On the Confined-Deconfined Phase Transition in Nuclear Matter L.N. Burigo, R.B. Jacobsen, C.A.Z. Vasconcellos, B.E.J. Bodmann and F. FernandezCFL-Quark Star in the Density-Dependent Quark Mass Model J.C.T. Oliveira, H. Rodrigues and S.B. Duarte; Color Superconductivity with 2 and 3 Flavors in the Chromodielectric Model M. Vidalis and M. Malheiro; On the Chemical Potential of Dark Energy S.H. Pereira; Wavelet Analysis of Stellar Rotation and Other Periodicities: From the Sun to CoRoT D.B. de Freitas, I. de C. Leao, B.L.C. Martins, J.D. do Nascimento Jr. and J.R. de Medeiros
Analogue of Superradiance Effect in Acoustic Black Hole in the Presence of Disclination F.A. Gomes and G.A. MarquesPrevalence of Energy Conditions in Friedmann Cosmology and Hubble Diagram of Gamma-Ray Bursts H.J. Mosquera Cuesta, C.A. Bonilla Quintero, R. Turcati, J. Morais, C. Furlanetto and H. Dumet M.; Growth of Primordial Fluctuations in a Vacuum Energy Decay Model N. Pires and H.T.C.M. de Souza; On the Quintessence Scalar Field Potential J.A.E. Carrillo, J.M. Silva and J.A.S. Lima
Inducing a Modified Brans-Dicke Theory of Gravity from Five-Dimensional Vacuum J.E.M. Aguilar, C. Romero and A. Barros
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Vasconcellos, César A. Zen.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|