VMware vSphere 5 administration instant reference [electronic resource] / Christopher Kusek, Van V. Van Noy, Andy Daniel.
- 2nd ed.
- Indianapolis, IN : John Wiley, c2012.
- Sybex serious skills VMware vSphere 5 administration
1 online resource (386 p.)
- Virtual computer systems.
Virtual storage (Computer science).
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Compact and portable reference guide for quick answers to VMware vSphere If you're looking to migrate to the newest version of VMware vSphere, this concise guide will get you up to speed and down to business in no time. If you're new to VMware vSphere, this book is for you too! The compact size of this quick reference makes it easy for you to have by your side-whether you're in the field, server room, or at your desk. Helpful elements for finding information such as thumb tabs, tables of contents with page numbers at the beginning of each chapter, and special headers puts what you nee
- VMware vSphere® 5 Administration: Instant Reference; Contents; Introduction; Part I: Building a VMware vSphere Environment; Chapter 1: Introduction to vSphere; Understand the Legacy Features of vSphere; vMotion; VMware Cluster; Distributed Resource Scheduler; High Availability; VMware vCenter Converter; VMware vSphere Update Manager; 64-Bit; VMware Capacity Planner; Host Profiles; vCenter Linked Mode; Distributed Power Management; Enhanced vMotion Compatibility; VMware Data Recovery; vSphere Client; VMkernel Protection; Virtual Disk Thin Provisioning; VMware DCUI; vSphere Web Client
Understand the New Features of vSphereEnhancements in Storage; Storage DRS; Enhancements in VMFS-5; Enhancements in Storage vMotion; Virtual Machine Scalability; vCenter Improvements; Fault Tolerance; Networking Enhancements; VMware vShield 5 Suite; Chapter 2: Installing and Configuring ESXi; Prepare for Installation; Install ESXi; Install ESXi Manually; Automate ESXi Installation; Configure Post-Install Options; Configure ESXi from the Console; Install the vSphere Client; Configure ESXi from within the vSphere Client; Chapter 3: Installing and Configuring vCenter Server
Prepare for InstallationIdentify Hardware Requirements; Identify Operating System Requirements for vCenter Server and vSphere Client; Identify Database Requirements; Identify Networking Requirements; Identify Authentication Requirements; Install a Database; Create a vCenter Database in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2; Create a vCenter Database in Oracle; Prepare and Install vCenter Server; Prepare for Installation; Install vCenter Server; Deploy a vCenter Server Appliance; Configure a vCenter Server Appliance; Install Additional Components; Install vSphere Client; Configure vCenter Server
Connect to vCenter ServerInstall Plug-Ins in vSphere Client; Configure Advanced vCenter Server Settings; Create a Datacenter; Add a Cluster; Add a Host; Chapter 4: Understanding Licensing; Become Familiar with VMware Licensing; Review the Versions of vSphere; Review the Licensing Method in vSphere; Manage Licenses; Install Licenses; Assign Licenses; Unassign and Remove Licenses; Change Licenses Assigned to Assets; Install Licenses for Legacy Hosts; Review Installed Licenses; View Licenses by Product; View Licenses by License Key; View Licenses by Asset; Chapter 5: Upgrading to vSphere 5
Prepare for the UpgradeUpgrade vCenter Server; Upgrade to vCenter Server 5.0 on the Same System; Upgrade to vCenter Server 5.0 on a Different System; Install vCenter Server Appliance; Perform Postupgrade Tasks; Upgrade ESX/ESXi Hosts; Upgrade ESX/ESXi Using vCenter Update Manager; Perform a Manual In-Place Upgrade; Upgrade with a Fresh ESX/ESXi Installation; Perform Postupgrade Tasks; Upgrade VMware Tools; Upgrade Virtual Machine Hardware; Part II: Configuring Your vSphere Environment; Chapter 6: Creating and Managing Virtual Networking; Understand the Basics; Work with Virtual Switches
Understand Network Services
- Includes index.
- Van Noy, Van V.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|