Definitions for the law of the sea [electronic resource] : terms not defined by the 1982 Convention / general editor, George K. Walker.
- Standardized Title:
- Report of the International Law Association, American Branch, Law of the Sea Committee.
- Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2012.
- Report of the International Law Association American Branch Law of the Sea Committee
1 online resource (354 p.)
- Law of the sea -- Dictionaries.
- Electronic books.
- Definitions for the Law of the Sea elucidates undefined terms and phrases used in The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) itself, as well as terms used in its analysis. Based on nearly a decade of work by the American Branch of the International Law Association’s Law of the Sea Committee, the volume provides clear definitions based on usage in the Convention, rather than geographical or geological concepts. Over 200 terms are defined in the text, alongside analyses and commentary prepared by prominent experts in the field of oceans law. Abbreviated citation forms used throughout the volume are clarified, and relevant documents are included with updated references. Definitions for the Law of the Sea is an indispensable source for governmental officials, academics and practitioners of oceans law, and serves as a supplement to the multi-volume United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982: A Commentary .
- Preliminary Material / George K. Walker
Introduction to the Report / George K. Walker
Table of Abbreviated (Short) Citations and Terms; Conventions for Citations / George K. Walker
Commentaries on Formulating Definitions for the 1982 Law of the Sea Convention / George K. Walker
Definitions for the Law of the Sea: Terms Not Defined by the 1982 Convention / George K. Walker
Conclusions / George K. Walker.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- International Law Association. American Branch. Law of the Sea Committee.
Walker, George K., 1938-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789004211612 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|