Multilingual discourse production [electronic resource] : diachronic and synchronic perspectives / edited by Svenja Kranich ... [et al.].
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub. Co., 2011.
- Hamburg studies on multilingualism ; v. 12.
Hamburg studies on multilingualism, 1571-4934 ; v. 12
1 online resource (320 p.)
- Electronic books.
- This volume presents discourse production in multilingual contexts as a specific type of language contact situation. Translation may be seen as the prototypical type of multilingual discourse production, other types would include parallel text production in different languages (e.g. for websites) or the production of versions more loosely connected with the source text. When divergent communicative norms and conventions come into contact in any of these types of text production, one may find that such conventions transcend established language boundaries, potentially leading to the emergence o
- pt. 1. Diachronic perspectives : long-term changes
pt. 2. Diachronic perspectives : recent change.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Kranich, Svenja.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|