Predicting outcomes of investments in maintenance and repair of federal facilities [electronic resource] / National Research Council of the National Academies.
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, c2012.
1 online resource (153 p.)
- Architecture and energy conservation -- Research -- United States.
Public buildings -- Maintenance and repair -- United States.
Sustainable buildings -- Performance -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- "The deteriorating condition of federal facilities poses economic, safety, operational, and environmental risks to the federal government, to the achievement of the missions of federal agencies, and to the achievement of public policy goals. Primary factors underlying this deterioration are the age of federal facilities--about half are at least 50 years old--and decades of inadequate investment for their maintenance and repair. These issues are not new and there are no quick fixes. However, the current operating environment provides both the impetus and the opportunity to place investments in federal facilities' maintenance and repair on a new, more sustainable course for the 21st Century. Despite the magnitude of investments, funding for the maintenance and repair of federal facilities has been inadequate for many years, and myriad projects have been deferred. Predicting Outcomes of Investments in Maintenance and Repair of Federal Facilities identifies processes and practices for transforming the current portfolio of federal facilities into one that is more economically, physically, and environmentally sustainable. This report addresses ways to predict or quantify the outcomes that can be expected from a given level of maintenance and repair investments in federal facilities or facilities' systems, and what strategies, measures, and data should be in place to determine the actual outcomes of facilities maintenance and repair investments."--Publisher's description.
Outcomes and Risks Associated with Investments in Maintenance and Repair
Data, Tools, and Technologies to Support Investments in Maintenance and Repair
Effective Practices for Investment in Maintenance and Repair
Communicating Outcomes and Risk
Findings and Recommendations
Implementing a Risk-Based Strategy for Investments in Federal Facilities' Maintenance and Repair
Appendix A: Biosketches of Committee Members Appendix B: Committee Interviews and Briefings
Appendix C: Some Fundamentals of the Risk-Based Approach.
- "Committee on Predicting Outcomes of Investments in Maintenance and Repair for Federal Facilities, Board on Infrastructure and the Constructed Environment, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences."
Includes bibliographic references.
- National Research Council (U.S.) Board on Infrastructure and the Constructed Environment. Content Provider
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|