Language teaching research and language pedagogy [electronic resource] / Rod Ellis.
- Malden, Mass. : Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
1 online resource (403 p.)
- Language and languages -- Study and teaching.
Language and languages -- Research.
Second language acquisition -- Research.
Language teachers -- Training of.
- Electronic books.
- This book examines current research centered on the second language classroom and the implications of this research for both the teaching and learning of foreign languages. It offers illuminating insights into the important relationship between research and teaching, and the inherent complexities of the teaching and learning of foreign languages in classroom settings. Offers an accessible overview of a range of research on instruction and learning in the L2 classroomBridges the relationship between research, teachers, and learnersHelps evolve the practice of dedica
- Language Teaching Research andLanguage Pedagogy; Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; Preface; Acknowledgements; 1 Introduction: Developments in Language Teaching Research; 2 Methods for Researching the Second Language Classroom; 3 Comparative Method Studies; 4 Second Language Classroom Discourse; 5 Focus on the Teacher; 6 Focus on the Learner; 7 Investigating the Performance of Tasks; 8 Interaction and L2 Learning in the Classroom; 9 Form-Focused Instruction and Second Language Learning; 10 Instruction, Individual Differences and L2 Learning
11 Conclusion: Research and Language TeachingReferences; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|