Habitats and ecological communities of Indiana [electronic resource] : presettlement to present / edited by John O. Whitaker, Jr. and Charles J. Amlaner, Jr. ; Marion T. Jackson, George R. Parker, and Peter E. Scott, associate editors.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 2012.
- Indiana natural science.
Indiana natural science
1 online resource (512 p.)
- Habitat (Ecology) -- Indiana.
Habitat (Ecology) -- Indiana -- History.
Biotic communities -- Indiana.
Biotic communities -- Indiana -- History.
Natural history -- Indiana.
- Electronic books.
- In Habitats and Ecological Communities of Indiana, leading experts assess the health and diversity of Indiana's eight wildlife habitats, providing detailed analysis, data-generated maps, color photographs, and complete lists of flora and fauna. This groundbreaking reference details the state's forests, grasslands, wetlands, aquatic systems, barren lands, and subterranean systems, and describes the nature and impact of two man-made habitats-agricultural and developed lands. The book considers extirpated and endangered species alongside invasives and exotics, and evaluates floral and faunal d
- Cover; Contents; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Introduction; Part 1. A Statewide Overview: Land Use, Soils, Flora, and Wildlife; 1. Land Use and Human Impacts on Habitats; 2. Soils; 3. Vascular Plants and Vertebrate Wildlife; Part 2. Natural Habitats: Changes over Two Centuries; 4. Forest Lands; 5. Grasslands; 6. Wetlands; 7. Aquatic Systems; 8. Barren Lands; 9. Subterranean Systems; Part 3. Man-Made Habitats: Changes over Two Centuries; 10. Agricultural Habitats; 11. Developed Lands; Part 4. Species Concerns: Declining Natives and Invading Exotics
12. Extirpated, Endangered, and Threatened Native Species13. Exotic and Invasive Species; 14. Vertebrate and Cave Invertebrate Species Described from Indiana; Conclusion: Summary and Research Needs; Appendixes; General Information; Soils; Plants; Fishes; Amphibians and Reptiles; Birds; Mammals; Invertebrates; ASTER Mapping; Glossary; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; W; X; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Whitaker, John O.
Amlaner, Charles J.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|