Purine and pyrimidine metabolism [electronic resource].
- Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier/Excerpta Medica/North-Holland, 1977.
- Conference Name:
- Symposium on Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism (1976 : London, England)
Symposium on Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism
- Ciba Foundation symposium ; new ser. 48.
Ciba Foundation symposium (new series) ; 48
1 online resource (384 p.)
- Purines -- Metabolism -- Congresses.
Pyrimidines -- Metabolism -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism; Contents; Chairman's opening remarks; Purine and pyrimidine metabolism : pathways, pitfalls and perturbations; Discussion; Microbial models and regulatory elements in the control of purine metabolism; Discussion; Molecular nature of enzyme regulation in purine biosynthesis; Discussion; Genetic heterogeneity at the locus for hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase; Discussion; Factors in the pathogenesis of the brain damage and anaemia in the Lesch-Nyhan syndrome; Discussion
Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase activity in individual erythrocytes: autoradiographic studies in heterozygotDiscussion; Purine biosynthesis in mutant mammalian cells; Discussion; Purine and pyrimidine nucleotides in some mutant human lymphoblasts; Discussion; Superactivity of phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase, due to feedback resistance, causing purine overproduction and gout; Discussion; Dietary feedback regulation of purine and pyrimidine biosynthesis in man; Discussion; Implications of disorders of purine metabolism for the kidney and the urinary tract; Discussion
The role of de novo purine synthesis in lymphocyte transformationDiscussion; Purine metabolism and control of cell proliferation; Discussion; The effect of adenosine on lymphoid cell proliferation and antibody formation; Discussion; Characterization of human adenosine deaminase; Discussion; The purinergic nerve hypothesis; Discussion; Inherited metabolic disease: prospects for the future in both basic and clinical research; Discussion; General discussion; Purine as regulators; Extracellular effects of adenosine; Membrane transport; Pyrimidine metabolism and immune function
Allopurinol and purine transportModel systems for the study of purine and pyrimidine metabolism and their limitations; Animal models; Assessment of treatment : the Lesch-Nyhan syndrome; Ribose 5-phosphate and the oxidative pentose shunt in the regulation of purine synthesis de novo; Index of contributors; Subject index
- "Symposium on Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism held at the Ciba Foundation, London, 9-11th June, 1976"--Participants page.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|