Villains and villainy [electronic resource] : embodiments of evil in literature, popular culture and media / edited by Anna Fahraeus and Dikmen Yakah Çamoğlu.
- Other records:
- Amsterdam : Editions Rodopi, 2011.
- At the interface/probing the boundaries ; v. 76.
At the interface/probing the boundaries ; v. 76
1 online resource (218 p.)
- Villains in mass media.
Villains in popular culture.
Villains in literature.
- Electronic books.
- This collection of essays explores the representations, incarnations and manifestations of evil when it is embodied in a particular villain or in an evil presence. All the essays contribute to showing how omnipresent yet vastly under-studied the phenomena of the villain and evil are. Together they confirm the importance of the continued study of villains and villainy in order to understand the premises behind the representation of evil, its internal localized logic, its historical contingency, and its specific conditions.
- pt. 1. Examining infamous represetations of villainy
pt. 2. Villainy victorious
pt. 3. Villains in the community
pt. 4. Exemplifying exceptional perspectives : villainy as a necessary end.
- Papers from the 1st Global Villains and Villainy Conference, organised in September 2009 by Inter-Disciplinary.Net, at Mansfield College, Oxford.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Fahraeus, Anna.
Çamoğlu, Dikmen Yakah.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|