Romance objects [electronic resource] : transitivity in Romance languages / edited by Giuliana Fiorentino.
- Reprint 2011
- Berlin : Mouton de Gruyter, 2003.
- Empirical Approaches to Language Typology [EALT]
Empirical approaches to language typology ; 27
1 online resource (352 p.)
- Romance languages -- Morphology.
- Electronic books.
- The volume brings together the papers read at the international conference on Romance Objects organized by the Linguistics Department of the Roma Tre University. It is characterized by a striking uniformity of approach, which is functional, and of methodology. The various case studies regarding the object focus on the syntax/semantics and syntax/pragmatics interfaces. The common denominator of the ten enquiries is the identification of the object category, the DO in particular, in Romance languages; at the same time some of the contributors relate the specific topic to more general questions of linguistic typology. Some of the essays are based on the analysis of data from a corpus and present a diachronic picture of the evolution of the specific topic investigated. Thus this volume is addressed not only to scholars interested in the Romance languages but also all those who study the object category in a cross-linguistic perspective. Michela Cennamo: (In)transitivity and object marking: some current issues.
- section 1. Object marking in cross-linguistic perspective
section 2. Transitivity and objects in Romance languages.
- "This volume brings together the papers read at the international conference on Romance Objects organzied by the Linguistics Department of the Università Roma Tre in December 2000"--Preface.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fiorentino, G. (Giuliana)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110919837 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|