Romancing God [electronic resource] : evangelical women and inspirational fiction / Lynn S. Neal.
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 2006.
1 online resource (260 p.)
- Christian fiction, American -- History and criticism.
American fiction -- Christian authors -- History and criticism.
American fiction -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
Romance fiction, American -- History and criticism.
Christianity and literature -- United States.
Women and literature -- United States.
Evangelicalism -- United States.
Evangelicalism in literature.
- Electronic books.
- In the world of the evangelical romance novel, sex and desire are mitigated by an omnipresent third party, the divine. This book states that women's interpretations demonstrate the constant negotiations that characterize evangelical living. It shows the aesthetic sensibility to help alter conventional understandings, both secular and religious.
- The history of evangelical romance
The discipline of fun
The evaluation of romance
The ministry of romantic fiction
The fashioning of faith
The romance of God.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -232) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|