Don Decker's Apache odyssey [electronic resource] : approaches to autobiography, narrative, and the developing self / Guillermo Bartelt, Barbel Treichel (eds.).
- Berlin : Frank & Timme, 2012.
1 online resource (243 p.)
- Apache Indians -- Biography.
Apache Indians -- Arizona -- Biography.
Apache Indians -- New Mexico -- Biography.
Indians of North America -- Languages.
Discourse analysis, Narrative.
American literature -- Indian authors -- History and criticism.
Language and culture.
Decker, Don Denny.
Decker, Don -- Technique.
Decker, Don -- Language.
- Electronic books.
- This volume makes available the entire autobiographical account of an Apache man as a database for the subsequent narrative analyses. The life story reveals an individual who has experienced radical social changes, and his account provides clues for his struggles to make sense of what has happened to him as well as his attempts to prevent his life from falling apart. The reconstructive processes of his past reveal socio-collective frames, cultural themes and cultural styles of expression. The intended audience includes sociolinguists, narrative analysts, psycholinguists, conversation analysts,
- Contents; GUILLERMO BARTELT: Foreword; DON DECKER: APACHE ODYSSEY. A Modern Journey of an Apache; GUILLERMO BARTELT: Negotiating the Traditional and Modern Self; ERIKA GERICKE: Discourses as Identities: Applying Critical Discourse Analysis; BÄRBEL TREICHEL: Identity Work, Narrative Analysis, and Biographical Processes. A Sociolinguistic Approach to Identity Constructions in an Apache Autobiography; FRITZ SCHÜTZE: Biographical Process Structures and Biographical Work in a Life of Cultural Marginality and Hybridity: Don Decker's Autobiographical Account
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Bartelt, Guillermo.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|