Their Champagne Party Will End! Poems in Honor of Bate Besong Poems in Honor of Bate Besong / editors, Joyce Ashuntantang & Dibussi Tande.
- Mankon [Cameroon] : Langaa Research & Publishing CIG, 2008.
- Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2013
- African Studies Centre research series.
Langaa & African Studies Centre
1 online resource (75 p.)
- Political poetry.
Cameroonian poetry (English)
- Electronic books.
- Bate Besong was Cameroon?s most vocal and controversial poet, playwright and scholar, who died in March 2007. The poems in this collection are a tribute to the man and his work, and provide a snapshot of the mood that prevailed after his death. Bate Besong ushered in a new kind of nationalist ?fighting? literature in Cameroon, unapologetic in its defense of Cameroon?s Anglophone minority and scathing in its denunciation of postcolonial African dictators and their foreign collaborators. These poems defy Bate Besong?s death by affirming that his impact as a writer lives on. 34 poems are included
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents; Foreword; Tributes in Verse; A Tribute To Bate Besong, the Fallen Hero; Morgantown Failed; The Mountain Weeps; The Ghost of Um Nyobe; The Flight of Poet-Eagles; Unrepentant Intellectual; Dreadful Women's Day!; In the Hot Wastes; Warrior Falls at the Warfront; Ripples of a Tide: A Time to Mourn; On My Dying (A Poem Bate Besong Would Write Now); Inextinguishable Flame... Timeless Spirit; ... Rest softly; The Ascent; BB, You Must Have Known; Beast on the Rampage; Adieu Bate Besong "BB" and Companions; Farewell BB; Bad Boy; Bate Besong ajaoh!!
A Tear For Bate BesongRequiem for the Genuine Intellectual; Flowing Like a Stream; Multifaceted BB; Quo Fata Vocant: Where The Fates Call; The Obscure Intellectual Lives On; Adieu Prof!; Death, Death and Death; Immortal Intellectual; A rare GEM; Because you did not Chop People Dem Money; They are Gone!; Postscript; Bate Besong or the Symbol of the Cameroon Divide; I went, I saw, I did not Conquer; Bate Besong on Bate Besong; Glossary; About the Contributors; Bate Besong, a Select Bibliography; Selected Critical Works; Interviews; Back Cover
- "The poems in this collection are a snapshot of the mood that prevailed following the death, on March 8, 2007, of Bate Besong, Cameroon's most vocal and controversial Poet, Playwright and scholar"--P.  of cover.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 62-63)
Description based on print version record.
- Tande, Dibussi, 1968-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|