From guest workers into Muslims [electronic resource] : the transformation of Turkish immigrant associations in Germany / by Gokce Yurdakul.
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Pub., 2009.
1 online resource (163 p.)
- Turks -- Germany -- Political activity.
Turks -- Germany -- Societies, etc.
Immigrants -- Germany -- Societies, etc.
- Electronic books.
- The political representation of immigrant association is central for immigrants to become political actors in Germany. This book offers a comparative analysis of five Turkish immigrant associations to point out to the diverse approaches in terms of immigrant integration and citizenship rights. By exploring these associations' views on integration/ assimilation, nationalism/ethnicity, secularism/Islam and their relations with the mainstream German political parties, this book attempts to show ...
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; LIST OF FIGURES; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; COPYRIGHT PERMISSIONS; PREFACE; CHAPTER ONE; CHAPTER TWO; CHAPTER THREE; CHAPTER FOUR; CHAPTER FIVE; CHAPTER SIX; CHAPTER SEVEN; REFERENCES; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -140).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|