Supporting improving primary schools [electronic resource] : the role of heads and LEAs in raising standards / edited by Geoff Southworth and Paul Lincoln.
- London : Falmer Press ; New York : Garland, 1999, c2000.
1 online resource (232 p.)
- Essex Primary School Improvement Research and Development Programme.
School improvement programs -- England -- Essex.
Education, Elementary -- England -- Essex -- Administration.
- Electronic books.
- Drawn from the experience of the Essex Primary School Improvement programme, this book shows how primary schools in the county have improved their standards subsequent to OFSTED inspection. It explores the role of the LEA in supporting schools and their efforts to improve. It also looks at the collaborative relationship that LEAs and schools can form, and the implications for school leadership and for students. The book also sheds light on issues of consultancy, information and data handling, and evaluating school improvement.
- Book Cover; Half-Title; Title; Copyright; Contents; List of Figures and Tables; Acknowledgments; Introduction; Part 1 Overview and Main Findings; Part 2 School Insights; Part 3 LEA Insights; Part 4 Wider Issues and Conclusions; Appendix 1 Programme Aims, Targets and Success Criteria; Appendix 2 Common Measures Agreed Across All EPSI Programme Schools; Appendix 3 Pupil Perception Interview; Appendix 4 EPSI Workshop Programmes; Appendix 5 The IQEA Six School Conditions; Notes on Contributors; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 224-228) and index.
- Southworth, Geoff.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|