British-French exchanges in the eighteenth century [electronic resource] / edited by Kathleen Hardesty Doig and Dorothy Medlin.
- Newcastle, UK : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2007.
1 online resource (312 p.)
- International relations.
Great Britain -- Civilization -- French influences.
Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- 18th century.
Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- France.
France -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.
- Electronic books.
- France and Great Britain, so close geographically but separated by language, culture and history, had been exchanging merchandise, visitors, rulers and ideas for hundreds of years before the eighteenth century. The flow of traffic only quickened during this period, and became a flood, in the direction of Great Britain, during the decade following the Revolution. While certain of these exchanges, such as Voltaire's sojourn abroad, have been studied in detail, others are coming into focus only ...
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS; INTRODUCTION; PART I; CHAPTER ONE; CHAPTER TWO; CHAPTER THREE; CHAPTER FOUR; PART II; CHAPTER FIVE; CHAPTER SIX; CHAPTER SEVEN; CHAPTER EIGHT; PART III; CHAPTER NINE; CHAPTER TEN; CHAPTER ELEVEN; CHAPTER TWELVE; CHAPTER THIRTEEN; CHAPTER FOURTEEN; CONTRIBUTORS; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Doig, Kathleen Hardesty, 1946-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|