Law, justice, and mediation [electronic resource] : the legend of Saint Yves / Bryan Gibson ; with a foreword by Marcel Berlins.
- Hook, Hampshire, U.K. : Waterside Press ; Portland, Or. : International Specialisted Book Services (distributor), c2008.
94 p. : ill.
- Christian saints -- France -- Brittany -- Biography.
Law, Primitive -- France -- Brittany.
Yves, Saint, 1253-1303.
- Electronic books.
- Whilst conventional outlaws used bows, arrows, and bullets to rob the rich to help the poor, St Yves challenged poverty and social inequality via argument, debate, reason and consensus. The author explains why he deserves to be better known, including for the values of decency, integrity and ethics that his approach to resolving conflict imparts.
- Acknowledgements ivAbout the author viForeword by Marcel Berlins viiDedication ixList of illustrations xii Introduction 15 CHAPTER1. The Legend of Saint Yves 192. Not So Humble Origins 293. Don't Forget the Poor 374. Mediator, Counsellor, Lawyer, Judge 475. Miracle Worker 556. Tributes by the Score 63 Epilogue 73 Appendix: Extract from The Golden Legend 81 Index 91
- Electronic reproduction. Askews and Holts. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|