The Price of Politics [electronic resource] : Lessons from Kelo v. City of New London
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 2009.
1 online resource (180 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Eminent domain -- Connecticut -- New London -- Cases. (search)
Eminent domain -- United States. (search)
Human rights -- United States. (search)
Kelo, Susette -- Trials, litigation, etc. (search)
New London (Conn.) -- Trials, litigation, etc. (search)
- Electronic books.
- The Price of Politics examines the historical, political, and legal heritage of the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights to come to grips with modern political developments. Using a cross-disciplinary, multi-methods approach, this book explores both the normative and the emperical dimensions of the debate.
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Acknowledgments; List of Tables; Introduction; Chapter One: Property Rights and the Common Law Tradition; Chapter Two: Locke on Property; Chapter Three: Pre-Constitution America; Chapter Four: The Constitution's View of Property; Chapter Five: Examining the Decisions; Chapter Six: State Reactions to Kelo v. City of New London; Chapter Seven: Implications; Conclusion; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|