Cantatas for festive occasions [electronic resource] / Giacomo Meyerbeer ; introduced and edited by Robert Ignatius Letellier.
- Standardized Title:
- Cantatas. Selections
- [Newcastle upon Tyne] : Cambridge Scholars, 2010.
- Musical score
1 online resource (240 p.)
- Cantatas -- Scores.
Cantatas -- Vocal scores with piano.
- Electronic books.
- The cantatas of Giacomo Meyerbeer (1791-1864), spanning his middle and late life, were written in response to royal and civic commissions to celebrate dynastic events and to praise the deeds of famous men. Their festive nature is indicated in the titles: festival song, festival greeting, festival hymn, homage. Like a continuation of the 18th-century tradition of patronage, the more famous Meyerbeer became, the more his services were required by public authorities. Although a burden to him, a...
- TABLE OF CONTENTS; INTRODUCTION; FESTGESANG (GUTENBERG); FESTLIED (SAXE-COBURG-GOTHA); FESTHYMME (VERMAHLUNGSFEIER); FRIEDERICUS MAGNUS; ODE AN RAUCH; OPFER HYMNUS AN DEN ZEUS; MARIA UND IHR GENIUS; NICE A STEPHANIE; FESTGESANG (SCHILLER)
- Cantatas composed for royal, national or civic occasions.
Scores reproduced from early publications of full or vocal scores and from 1 manuscript.
Introd. in English.
- Letellier, Robert Ignatius.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|