Critical Perspectives on Cameroon Writing edited by Hansel Ndumbe Eyoh, Albert Azeyeh, Nalova Lyonga.
- Baltimore, Maryland : Project Muse, 2013
- Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2013
- Conference Name:
- Conference on Cameroon Literature (2nd : 1994 : University of Buea), author.
1 online resource (569 p.)
- Cameroonian literature.
- Electronic books.
- This landmark volume brings together a very rich harvest of forty critical essays on Cameroon literature by Cameroon literary scholars. The book is the result of the Second Conference on Cameroon Literature which took place at the University of Buea in 1994. The Buea conference was motivated by a determination to look at Cameroon literature straight into its face and criticize it using literary criteria of the strictest kind. Gone were the times when the criticism was complacent because it was believed that a nascent literature could easily be stifled by application of rather strict cannons of literary criticism. Both writers and critics had a lot to say. Subjects dealt with ranged from general topics on literature, survival and national identity, through specialized articles on prose, poetry, drama, translation, language, folklore, children's literature, Journalism and politics. It is the hope of the volume editors that the publication of these papers will instigate the kind of actions that were recommended and that the prolific nature of Cameroon literature will equally give rise to a prolific and robust criticism.
- Foreword/preface / Hansel Ndumbe Eyoh
History and journalism
- Selected papers from the 2nd Conference on Cameroon Liteature, held at the University of Buea, 1994.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Lyonga, Nalova, editor.
Azeyeh, Albert, editor.
Eyoh, H. Ndumbe (Hansel Ndumbe), editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|