Nanocomposites : Materials, Manufacturing and Engineering / J. Paulo Davim, Constantinos A. Charitidis.
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter, 
- Advanced Composites
Advanced Composites ; 1
1 online resource (224 p.)
- Nanocomposites (Materials).
- Electronic books.
- Nanocomposites are currently defined "as a multiphase solid material where one of the phases has one, two or three dimensions of less than 100 nanometers or structures having nano-scale repeat distances between the different phases that make up the material". The use of nanocomposites with polymer, metal or ceramic matrices has increased in various areas of engineering and technology due to their special properties, with applications in bioengineering, battery cathodes, automotives, sensors and computers, as well other advanced industries. The present volume aims to provide recent information on nanocomposites (materials manufacturing and engineering) in six chapters. The chapter 1 of the book provides information on synthesis and characterization of ceramic hollow nanocomposites and nanotraps. Chapter 2 is dedicated to recent advances on preparation, properties and applications polyurathene nanocomposites. Chapter 3 described preparation, characterization and properties of organoclays, carbon nanofibers and carbon nanotubes based polymer nanocomposites. Chapter 4 contains information on mechanical and wear properties of multi-scale phase reinforced composites. Chapter 5 described modeling mechanical properties of nanocomposites Finally, chapter 6 is dedicated to polyanaline derivates and carbon nanotubes and their characterization.This book is the essential reference for academics, materials and physics researchers, materials, mechanical and manufacturing engineers, and professionals in nanocomposite-related industries.
List of contributing authors
1 Synthesis and characterization of ceramic hollow nanocomposites and nanotraps / Kartsonakis, I.A. / Charitidis, C.A. / Kordas, G.C.
2 Recent advances on preparation, properties and applications of polyurethane nanocomposites / Srivastava, S.K. / Kotal, M.
3 Preparation, characterization, and properties of organoclay, carbon nanofiber, and carbon nanotube based thermoplastic polyurethane nanocomposites / Barick, A.K. / Tripathy, D.K. / Sahoo, B.P.
4 Mechanical and wear properties of multi-scale phase reinforced composites / Jiang, Z.
5 Modeling mechanical properties of nanocomposites / Schjødt-Thomsen, J. / Jensen, L.R. / Rauhe, J.C.
6 Polyaniline derivates and carbon nanotubes and their characterization / Bavastrello, V. / Nicolini, C.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographies and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Bavastrello, Valter.
Charitidis, Constantinos A., editor.
Davim, J. Paulo, editor.
Srivastava, Suneel Kumar.
Tripathy, Deba Kumar.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110267426 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|