Biomedical composites : materials, manufacturing and engineering / edited by J. Paulo Davim.
- Berlin ; Boston : Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co., KG, 
- Advanced Composites
Advanced composites, 2192-8983 ; 2
1 online resource (184 p.)
- Biomedical materials.
- Electronic books.
- Composite materials are engineered materials, made from two or more constituents with significantly different physical or chemical properties which remain separate on a macroscopic level within the finished structure. Due to their special mechanical and physical properties they have the potential to replace conventional materials in various fields such as the biomedical industry.
List of Contributing Authors
1. Ceramic polymer composites for hard tissue applications / Victor, Sunita Prem / Sharma, Chandra P.
2. HAp-metal based biocomposite coatings and characteristics of plasma-deposited HAp-Ti/Ti6Al4V coatings / Zhou, Xuan / Guduru, Ramesh K.
3. Hydrogels based on poly(vinylalcohol) for cartilage replacement / Volpe, Julieta / Masi, Lucía M. / Alvarez, Vera A. / Gonzalez, Jimena S.
4. Polymer composites for cemented total hip replacements / Arun, S. / Sreekanth, P. S. Rama / Kanagaraj, S.
5. Bioresorbable composites for bone repair / Pina, Sandra / Ferreira, José M.F.
6. Bioactive glasses and glass-ceramics / El-Damrawi, G. / Doweidar, H.
7. Metal oxide-based one-dimensional titania nanostructures via electrospinning: Characterization and antimicrobial applications / Hassan, M. Shamshi / Amna, Touseef / Bououdina, Mohamed / Khil, Myung-Seob
8. Hydrogels for biomedical applications / Russo, Luisa / Zaccaria, Sabrina / Autiello, Maria Assunta / Borzacchiello, Assunta
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Davim, J. Paulo.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110267488 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|