Regionalizing Culture [electronic resource] : The Political Economy of Japanese Popular Culture in Asia / Nissim Kadosh Otmazgin.
- Honolulu : University of Hawaiʻi Press,  , ©2014
1 online resource (258 p.)
- Cultural industries -- Japan.
Popular culture -- Economic aspects -- Southeast Asia.
Popular culture -- Economic aspects -- East Asia.
Popular culture -- Economic aspects -- Japan.
- Electronic books.
- This work provides a comprehensive, empirically grounded study of the production, circulation, and reception of Japanese popular culture in Asia. While many studies typically employ an interactive approach that focuses on the 'meaning' of popular culture from an anthropological or cultural studies point of view, 'Regionalizing Culture' emphasises that the consumption side and contextual meaning of popular culture are not the only salient factors in accounting for its proliferation.
- The political economy of popular culture
Popular culture and the East Asian region
Japan's popular culture powerhouse
The creation of a regional market
Japan's regional model
Conclusion: Japanese popular culture and the making of East Asia.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|